Within the Damask Weaving workshop is a damask laundry. You can have your beautiful table linen laundered using traditional methods. It is washed, put through a mangle and laid in a linen press for 24 hours before being wrapped in blue paper (to prevent yellowing).
For us, ‘table linen’ is an umbrella term that includes embroidered and openwork tablecloths. We do not accept coloured table linen. Even if you do not use some of your table linen, please supply it as a complete set to prevent noticeable colour changes between different items. Washing always makes table linen lighter in colour.
Delivery by post
If you wish to have your laundered table linen forwarded by post, we will charge € 6.95 (excluding VAT) to cover the shipping and administration costs. You can send your table linen to us by per post. Postage and shipping costs are for your own account. We will send you written confirmation of your order upon receipt of your table linen.
Send your table linen to:
Attn. Damask Laundry
5046 GN Tilburg
Delivery by hand to the TextielShop
You can also drop off your table linen in person during the museum’s opening hours. If the Damask Laundry is closed, take your table linen to the TextielShop. We will always give you a receipt.
Tuesday to Friday 10.00 – 17.00,
Saturday and Sunday 12.00 – 17.00.
You can come to collect your table linen at the same times from Tuesday to Friday.
If you have any questions about our services, please call the laundry: +31 (0)13 – 54 94 583 (available Tuesday to Friday from 10.00 – 14.30).
Conditions for washing table linen
- we do not accept coloured damask linen
- please supply your table linen as a complete set
- please note that we machine wash table linen and dry, press and fold by hand.
- we do not accept severely damaged or worn items
- we also do not accept table linen made from artificial silk, wool or similar materials
- we treat your tableware with the utmost care. However, we cannot be held liable for any damage that nevertheless occurs for whatever reason.